Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mount TBR Challenge Checkpoint

AHH! We are half way through the year and I am so behind. Mount TBR Reading Challenge is hosted by My Reader's Block. You can still sign up here. Since my last checkpoint in March I have only read 3 more books from my TBR pile making that a grand total of 7 of 25 (eek!). I have a tendency to get a new book and want to read it immediately instead of shopping on my TBR pile and reading books from there- a habit I need to stop if I ever want to complete this challenge. 


Now for a little fun with this checkpoint - choose one of the following (or more than one)...
-Write a poem with the titles from the books read for the challenge
-Who has been your favorite character and why?
-Have any of the books you read surprised you- if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? best thing you've read all year? etc.)


Since I am not feeling very creative I am going to skip the poem. Maybe another day I will come back and try it. I'm going to go with the last option- books that surprised me. Looking at the books I have read I am realizing how many of them were really good. I enjoyed all of these books very much, except one. Cheat and Charmer was a bit of a disappointment. It was very slow and pretty boring. I was expecting glamorous lives of people in the 1920's through the 1950's. What I got was a story about a family who just complained about everything. This is Where I Leave You was a great read! Very funny. It actually made me laugh out loud through most of the book. The Lotus Eaters, The Glimmer Palace, The Book Thief, and Bright Young Things were all great historical reads. I would recommend all of those books to people especially The Book Thief. 


If you'd like to see my full challenge list click HERE


Might as well mention where I am at for my other challenges. I am doing a little better with the 2012 Ebook Challege 10 of 25 books read. And for the 2012 Wishlist Challenge I've got 5 of 12 books read. I really need to start focusing to get these challenges done! I need motivation to read the books on my shelf especially!!


How are your challenges going? Any recommendations on focusing to get them done?? Leave me a comment and let me know!

4 comments:

  1. The only challenge I have made any real progress on is my Jane Austen challenge. I have found so many other books (at the library or on netgalley) that I want to read NOW - those ones that have been sitting on my shelf... are still sitting there! Good luck for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem with finding books that I want to read NOW instead of what is on my shelf. Good luck with your challenges!

      Delete
  2. Hii! Great post, but unfortunately this comment has nothing to do with it... My apologies...
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! If you just click my name, it's the last post I did.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad so many of your books were good. One disappointment out of seven isn't too bad. Glad to see The Book Thief on your list...I read that one last year and really enjoyed it. Good luck with the rest of your trek up the mountain!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.